Tickets are now available for the 2019 VC Athletics Celebration of Student Athlete Success and Hall of Fame Induction. The Sunday May 19 banquet will be held at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel with social hour beginning at 4:00 pm, dinner at 5:00 pm and the program at 6:00 pm. Tickets are no longer available online.
This is the 13th year of inductions into the VC Athletics Hall of Fame and the 10h year it has been combined with the recognition of current student athlete success. The 2019 Hall of Fame inductees and their accomplishments are listed below.
Dick James, Football Coach, Athletic Director, 1970-79, 1990-2004
* Longest tenured football coach in VC history, 13 seasons, 1970-79, 1990-92.
* All-Time Wins Leader for VC Football 1976-2018.
* Coached VC Football to WSC Championship, 1976.
* Served as Athletic Director, 1995-2004.
* VC Athletics Won 46 WSC championships during tenure as AD.
* VC Athletics won six WSC Supremacy Awards while AD.
Nadean Hudson '88 (Swimming, 1987-1988)
* Six-time individual All-American, two-time relay All-American
* National Champion, 200-yard individual medley, 1987
* State Champion, 200-yard individual medley, 1987 & 1988
* Two-time WSC Female Athlete of the Year, 1987 & 1988
* Voted Ventura County Sports Hall of Fame Female Collegiate Athlete of the Year, 1988
Juan Carlos Osorio '04 (Tennis 2004)
* CCCAA Singles Champion, 2004, first state champion in school history
* Ojai Singles Champion, 2004
* Ojai Doubles Champion, 2004
* Transferred to Florida Gulf Coast University
Pat Raguse, Coach, Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Women's Athletic Director, 1963-1994
* Pioneer in women's athletics at Ventura College.
* Coordinated Women's "Recreation" team sports.
* Participated in formation of Southern California Collegiate Athletic Conference for women.
* Assisted with assimilation of women's athletics into the CCCAA and WSC, 1978.
Joey Ramirez '94 (Basketball 1992-1994)
* 1st Team All-State, 1994
* Western State Conference MVP, 1994
* 2-time first team All-Western State Conference
* Twice led Pirates to the CCCAA State Championship game.
* Twice led Pirates to Western State Conference North Division title.
* Led Pirates to two-year combined 73-5 record.
* Transferred to Pepperdine University, finished playing career at UC Riverside.
Tickets are no longer available online. Please contact Mary McDonough Giles email@example.com for more information about this event.